Company/Organisation type: Government/Development Agency/EU Institutions
Focus area/active in:
- Animal Feed & Additives
- Apparel / Fashion / Textile
- Bio-based Chemistry
- Bio-based Materials
- Biorefinery / Pilot Plant
- Feedstock / Biomass
- Fuels / Lubricants
- Synthetic Biology
- Waste Management / Recycling
Business Finland is the Finnish government organization for innovation funding and trade, travel and investment promotion. Business Finland’s 600 experts work in 40 offices globally and in 16 regional offices around Finland. FINLAND LEADS THE WAY TOWARDS CIRCULAR ECONOMY With renewing solid industry cluster, world-class competence and research, innovative technology, favorable and long-term policies & numerous growth opportunities, Finland offers unique platform for bio-based production & partnering Finland is at the epicenter of the global growth of bioeconomy and has set the course for a low-carbon, resource-efficient and sustainable economy. Recent major investments in advanced bioproducts have paved the way for the future and Finland uses the new potential for creating new business opportunities throughout multiple sectors. Finland’s success is based on a deep understanding of the entire bioproduct value chain, excellent experimental research, favorable policies, integration of cross-disciplinary sciences, “open access” pilots and demonstration platforms. With strong relationships between end-users, companies and researchers, Finland offers an unbeatable development platform for innovation and production of bio-based products and welcomes companies and researches for cross-national innovation.
Finland leads the way towards circular economy
With renewing solid industry cluster, world-class competence and research, innovative technology, favorable and long-term policies & numerous growth opportunities, Finland offers unique platform for bio-based production & partnering
Join our session "Business models from Finland in the spotlight: How to generate economic success with industrial biotechnology solutions" on October 7th from 9:00-10:30
You will hear
• eniferBio - turning industrial waste streams into proteins for fish farms, replacing soya
• Origin by Ocean - refining marine algae biomass into high–value products for cosmetics, food and pharma• MetGen - providing solutions to increase the value of the biomass fractions for lignin-based chemicals, cost-efficient biomass processing and sugar-based bioplastics
• NordShield - providing antimicrobial protection for textiles and products by using forest side streams• Kotkamills - accelerating circularity with plastic-free paper cups and food containers
Those companies will share their experiences and knowledge on how to turn innovation into business. After the insightful presentations, we will have a panel discussion during which you will have an opportunity to ask questions. Welcome!
Get in touch!
Business Finland Austria
Please fill out the form below to get in touch with us.