Would you like to take part in the EFIB programme?
We provide limited speaking slots for companies using industrial biotechnology to develop novel and sustainable technologies, products or processes. Selected companies will have the chance to deliver a brief presentation of their most promising innovation in front of high-level industry decision makers.
The “John Sime Award for Innovation” will be presented for the best presentation of the most innovative idea responding to societal and environmental challenges.
Submit your application before 15 May!
GENERAL APPLICATION CRITERIA:
2019 focus: Development of novel, sustainable technologies, products and processes in the areas of plastics, food and nutrition, and/or new technologies/approaches in the fields of synthetic biology, genome editing, digitalisation and artificial intelligence.
- Any type of company that wants to present their innovation in these fields is invited to apply.
- Industrial biotechnology should have enabled the innovation.
- The company approach should be truly innovative, close to market and ambitious, compared to what is already available.
- It should concern the development of bio-based products or processes which respond to current consumer, environmental and/or societal demands or which have new functionalities, compared to fossil-based equivalents.
FORMAT AND PARTICIPATION DETAILS:
- Special presentation slots will be reserved in the three main tracks on Day 1 (30 September 2019).
- The presentations are 10 minutes long. There will be a Q&A from the audience after each presentation.
- The “John Sime Award for Innovation” will be presented to the best presentation.
- Each selected speaker will be provided with a free ticket to attend the full EFIB 2019 conference.
Please apply by sending a pitch deck (PDF or PPT) including the following information:
- Brief explanation of the innovation, uniqueness and how industrial biotech had enabled the innovation
- Outline of how the innovative technology/application would help enable the bioeconomy
- Identification of the way in which the innovation can help deliver on the implementation of UN SDGs or other grand societal challenges
- Estimation of the potential impact/scope for deployment of the innovation
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Dr. Ines Herlitze
We look forward to hearing from you!