|We provide limited speaking slots for companies using industrial biotechnology to develop novel and sustainable technologies, products or processes. Selected companies will have the chance to deliver a brief presentation of their most promising innovation in front of high-level industry decision makers.
The “John Sime Award for Innovation” will be presented for the best presentation of the most innovative idea responding to societal and environmental challenges.
+++ The deadline to submit an application has passed. +++
GENERAL APPLICATION CRITERIA:
2019 focus: Development of novel, sustainable technologies, products and processes in the areas of plastics, food and nutrition, and/or new technologies/approaches in the fields of synthetic biology, genome editing, digitalisation and artificial intelligence.
- Any type of company that wants to present their innovation in these fields is invited to apply.
- Industrial biotechnology should have enabled the innovation.
- The company approach should be truly innovative, close to market and ambitious, compared to what is already available.
- It should concern the development of bio-based products or processes which respond to current consumer, environmental and/or societal demands or which have new functionalities, compared to fossil-based equivalents.
FORMAT AND PARTICIPATION DETAILS:
- Special presentation slots will be reserved in the three main tracks on Day 1 (30 September 2019).
- The presentations are 10 minutes long. There will be a Q&A from the audience after each presentation.
- The “John Sime Award for Innovation” will be presented to the best presentation.
- Each selected speaker will be provided with a free ticket to attend the full EFIB 2019 conference.
Please apply by sending a pitch deck (PDF or PPT) including the following information:
- Brief explanation of the innovation, uniqueness and how industrial biotech had enabled the innovation
- Outline of how the innovative technology/application would help enable the bioeconomy
- Identification of the way in which the innovation can help deliver on the implementation of UN SDGs or other grand societal challenges
- Estimation of the potential impact/scope for deployment of the innovation
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Dr. Ines Herlitze
We look forward to hearing from you!